The Aircommand Ibis MK3 roof top air conditioner has been designed for the Australian caravan and RV industry. With an even lower profile than its predecessor and increased capacity of more than 10%, it is designed in Australia for Australia's harsh conditions.
Aircommand have also made the MK3 whisper quiet, operating a full 8dB quieter on high speed than the earlier Ibis.
The MK3 will generally suit vans up to 21ft and can also be operated by remote control or via electronic touchpad controls.
- The Ibis MK3 is the lowest profile roof top air conditioner on the market. This low profile reduces towing drag and the clearance required under carports and garages. The Ibis is less vulnerable to damage from overhanging tree branches and other obstacles.
- The Aircommand Ibis Mk3 gives unmatched efficiency in heating mode and is usually the most economical form of heating.
- The Ibis MK3 has an ultra thin plenum coming in at under half the height of the earlier Ibis.
- Four-way independently closing plenum with easily removable filter for quick cleaning.
- Aircommand has included premium quality generator start technology as standard.
- Multi function allows the Ibis MK3 to be set up using a timing schedule, climate control and dehumidifier.
- "One Click" system with self-adjusting connecting duct to suit roof thickness
- An electronically monitored de-ice system means the Ibis will deliver adequate heat even in low ambient conditions.
- 3 year warranty.
- Model: 100-00100 Coast to Coast, IBIS3-ADB-KIT Dometic, 8000001
- Brand: Aircommand
- Electrical rating: 240V
- Best for vehicle length: up to 6.5m (21ft)
- Nominal Compressor Capacity: 3.2kW
- Cooling Capacity: 2.7kW
- Heating Capacity: 2.4kW
- Maximum rated current: cooling 5.7A
Maximum rated current: heating 4.9A
Max Airflow: 780m3/h (216L/s)
- Minimum Operating Temperature: -5 degrees Celsius
- Installed weight (including plenum): 45kg + 2.7kg
- Suits roof opening: 360mm x 360mm
- Will operate on most premium brand inverter type generators (check with your generator supplier for compatibility)
Overall height: 222mm
Overall width: 848mm
Overall length: 1120mm
Inside plenum height: 32mm
Inside plenum width : 535mm
Inside plenum length: 535mm
- Cutout size required 360mm x 360mm
- Shipping Weight: 66.00 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 120 cm x 120 cm x 45 cm.
These were previously advertised as having a higher kW rating prior to the Dometic acquisition of Aircommand. Different measuring procedures now bring it into line with Dometic's measuring standards. These are the current models and exact units that may be still advertised as higher ratings elsewhere
If this unit is to be added to an older caravan/motorhome you may need to also purchase a H frame. These metal frames, straddle the roof from one side to other, transferring the weight to the top of the walls. Many newer caravans have framing built inside the roof. Please check with the manufacturer if unsure.
Fitting instructions come with the unit, however a licensed electrician is required to connect the 240v wiring.