This Suburban is a Gas only water heater and has been WaterMark certified for the Australian market.
The Suburban range of water heaters include Gas, 240v & Gas/Electric models and offer manual or 12v Ignition. Manufactured in the USA featuring a steel tank with porcelain lining for a extended life and copolymer insulation jacket for superior heat retention.
These hot water systems fit under a seat or in the back of a cupboard, with a door and access from the outside of the RV.
Due to the ongoing recall of this product we recommend the Suburban Nautilus as an alternative. See related product below.
- The Suburban SW6DA operates on gas only, but requires connection to 12V for ignition of gas pilot light. The door is white and is also used for the ventilation.
This model also has Direct Spark ignition. A remote switch (provided) is used to ignite the HWS when you stop, and is wired to the unit (wire not supplied) at any distance. A small electronic module must also we located in the cupboard - it is already wired up to the HWS. The switch also has an indicator light to inform you that the gas is alight. It will relight if goes out.
The SW6DA feature a steel tank with porcelain lining. Replaceable anode rod for corrosion protection, the anode rod is located on the bottom of HWS and easy to access, you simply unscrew this to drain the tank of water during winter. If the rod is mostly eaten away, simply replace it with a new one.
The door section then slides into the same hole and neatly covers the cladding with a side overlap. The total door size is 380mm square.
- Pressure relief value has a compression fitting to suit 1/2 inch copper pipe.
- The unit comes with the main tank as shown, plus a separate door.
- Easy access, Foam tank insulation and high recovery rate.
- Spare parts are available.
- 2 year warranty.
- Model: 950-00024 Coast to Coast, 950-00022
- Brand: Suburban
- Barcode: 5191A
- Heating Source: Universal Gas
- Capacity: 22.6 litre
- Ignition Type: 12 Volt
- Recovery: 40Lt/hr 45 degree rise
- Dimensions (mm): 320(w) x 320(h) x 500(d) (plus pipe connections at rear)
- Includes door - Overall Dimensions: 380mm x 380mm
- Weight: 14.5 kg
- WaterMark Certified
- Gas Consumption: 9.6 mj/h
- Cold water inlet is 1/2 inch female BSP.
- Hot water outlet is 1/2 inch female BSP.
- Anode Thread is 3/4 inch female NPT.
- The unit will slide in from the outside, in a cutout of 330mm high and 325mm wide.
- Shipping Weight: 16.59 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 56 cm x 34 cm x 34 cm.
This product connects to other products that we sell. It has the following connections:
Click to Show Connecting Products