Finding the weights of common caravan building materials and fixtures.
This section will list some weights that the DIY builder may use when calculating the total weight of their planned Caravan or fifth wheeler.
Sheeting, per square metre:
- Aluminium Sheeting, 4.5kg sheet size 2400mm x 1200mm x 0.7mm, 1.6kg/m2
- Colourbond Sheeting, Panelrib, 0.42mm, 3.9kg /m2
- Noble Prime External Sheeting, 2.0mm thick, (3.9mm total thickness) 4.15kg/m2
- Filon Flexroof Sheeting, 1.0mm thick, 1.5kg/m2
- Caravan Wall Ply, Polyteck 3.8mm thick; 2400 x 1200mm 7.9kg/sheet, 2.75kg/m2
- Floor Ply, 12.5mm thick, 6.85kg/m2
Chassis Steel, per liner metre:
Chassis components, each:
- Landcruiser Steel wheel with tyre, 31kg
- Landcruiser Alloy wheel with tyre, 28kg
- 250mm Electric brake hub with Backing Plate, 14.7kg
- Alko Electric Brake Coupling with lever, 6.35kg
- Alko Mechanical Brake Coupling with lever, 10.8kg
Was this helpful?