Lithium Batteries are nearly 50% lighter than traditional Lead Acid Batteries and provide around 60% more usable power, the Enerdrive B-TEC 200Ah Lithium G2 Battery = 320Ah AGM. They are capable of much higher rate of Discharge (required for inverters) & Charge (quick recharge time) making them the ideal choice for Caravan, RV and 4x4 installations. Not only are Lithium Batteries smaller, lighter & more powerful but they last longer, in short while they may cost more upfront the long term savings are tremendous.
The Enerdrive B-TEC Lithium Batteries have an inbuilt Battery Management System(BMS) with Bluetooth Connection thus the B-TEC Name. What this means is each battery will monitor and optimise each prismatic cell during normal operation. It also protects the battery from over charge, over discharge, over temperature & short circuit to ensure longevity and safe performance. The batteries key performance indicators are monitored and transmitted wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet. This information is presented in a clean concise format making it quick and easy to review your systems performance. The BMS will monitor the following metrics:
Battery Current (Amps)
Battery State of Charge (SOC)
Battery State of Health (SOH)
Individual Cell Voltage
Battery Event Information
A new feature to the G2 series the "Built-in Reset Button" this enables simple restarting of your battery in the event of an over discharge / flat battery. Previously if your battery voltage dropped below a safe level the BMS would isolate the battery to try and prevent irreversible damage to the cells. Once in this state the normal charging progress cannot not be accepted until a "jumpstart voltage" was applied directly to the battery terminals to wake it up. Now it is a simple press of a button and begin charging as normal.
- Built-in Battery Management System (BMS)
- Bluetooth Connectivity & Monitoring App
- Battery Reset Button
- Mounting Tray & Fastening Strap Included
- 200Ah Lithium G2 = 320Ah AGM
- More Powerful - 60% more usable power than its equivalent lead acid cousin
- Size & Weight Savings - Nearly 50% Lighter / 30% Smaller than Traditional Batteries.
- Made from LiFeP04 - Safest form Lithium Chemistry
- 5 year warranty.
- Model: EPL-200BT-12V-G2
- Brand: Enerdrive
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8V
- Nominal Capacity: 200Ah
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 505 x 172.5 x 265mm
- Net Weight: (kg) 25.0 Kg
- Cycle Life (DOD - 80% under controlled conditions): More Than 2000 Cycles
- Battery Charge Temperature: 0 - 45C
- Normal Charge Voltage CV/CC*: 14.20 - 14.60V
- Standby (Float) Voltage: 13.50 - 13.80V
- Maximum Charge Current: 150A @ 25C for 30mins
- Recommended Charge Current for Maximum Life: 40 - 100A
- Battery Discharge Temperature: -20 to 60C
- Battery Output Voltage Range: 11.00 - 14.60V
- Maximum Discharge Current: 200A @ 25C +/- 5C for 30mins
- Pulse Discharge Current: 450A for 1.0s
- Discharge Cut-off Voltage: < 11.20V
- Shipping Weight: 26.00 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 62 cm x 31 cm x 39 cm.
Our CommentsOnce you have determined what battery bank capacity you require it is recommended to try and achieve it in as few batteries as possible. ie 1x200Ah rather than 2x100Ah. Previously Enerdrive had approved installations for paralleling 2 batteries, this has now been reviewed and updated to paralleling up to 4 batteries is acceptable. Parallel Link Cables need to be equal size & diameter based on the largest current draw, eg. Inverter
It is important to understand your batteries capabilities when looking for the appropriate accessories. Enerdrive have made the following recommendations for their ePOWER 200Ah Gen 2 Lithium batteries:
Inverter: 2600W Max
Battery Charging: It is recommended that the charging current should be around 30% of your battery capacity. You can charge at higher currents but 30% is the recommended for long life. Enerdrive's preferred charger for this model is 60A (Larger ePower Chargers can be dialled back to suit)