Stock Update - 28th May 2022Yes, we have stock. Right now there are 4 of these held at our warehouse (Queanbeyan NSW).
Our stock levels are real and live. If you order now we will get it out with our next daily freight.
We aim to hold the most stock and have the fastest delivery on all caravan accessories and spare parts.
Balancing durability and performance the new Dometic 8700 Awning is the perfect choice for RV enthusiasts. Embracing the strengths of both the 8300 & 8500 ranges the 8700 awning offers heavy-duty torsion springs, double sided vinyl and easy operation at very competitive pricing. Finished with either Polar White or Charcoal Black colour profiles they will complement any RV.
The 8700 supersedes Dometic's earlier Rollout Awnings (8300 & 8500) and can be used with your existing hardware.
- Heavy-duty vinyl with UV protection
- Total operator control where one person can easily open or close
- Secure cam system allows for controlled extension and roll up
of the awning
- Extruded alloy one-piece heavy-duty roller tube
- Die cast end caps create a polished finish
- Heavy-duty torsion spring assemblies and solid metal shaft
- Full extension length of 2.3 m
- Can be used with existing 8300 & 8500 awning hardware
- Hardware Kit. Purchase the tallest leg kit separately, that will fit your RV wall.
- Rope Track. Is NOT available from Caravans Plus but is required for new installations.
- You MUST measure from centreline of legs - mistakes are costly
- 1 year warranty.
- Model: 878BK16
- Brand: Dometic
- Barcode: 9600026988
- Length: 16ft (Measured between centres of hardware)
- Vinyl Design: Charcoal Black (Awning is black when in closed position against RV)
- Double Sided Vinyl: Pattern is visible on both sides of vinyl
- End Cap Colour: Grey
- Full Extension: 2.3m
- Shipping Weight: 36.00 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 16 cm x 16 cm x 525 cm.
To overcome the 25mm variation between the 8300 and 8500 awning lengths the 8700 drum has an adjustable spindle.
The 8700 Awning Roller/Drum is preset to Suit Dometic 8300 awning length.
If you are replacing a Dometic 8500 awning adjust the RH top casting to outer hole (Shown on page 10 of manual - Fig 3)
There is a span of 230cm between the wall mounting and where the vinyl first enters the awning barrel.