The Dometic 8500 awnings suit Pop-Tops, Caravans and many Motorhomes. They include the alloy roller with pre-tensioned springs. The patterned fabric is attached and it all comes in a protective cardboard tube. This is the best option to replace a worn out fabric.
These are Dometics heavy duty rollout awning and suit the frequent user. The use of bronze bushes, heavy gauge springs and attractive moulded fittings add to their durability and appearance. They are very sturdy and extremely popular.
They are NOT suitable for RV wall heights less than 1475mm high.
- One person operation
- PermaLoopTM pull strap
- Alloy cast end caps with bronze bushings**
- Self-lubricating bronze sleeve bushings**
- Heavy duty torsion spring assembly**
- Vinyl has a clear acrylic coating to resist scratching, fading, mildew and staining
- UV protected and waterproof
- ** indicate features not available in the 8300 Sunchaser range.
- Hardware Kit. Purchase the tallest leg kit separately, that will fit your RV wall.
- Rope Track. Is NOT available from Caravans Plus but is required for new installations.
- You MUST measure from centreline of legs - mistakes are costly
- 1 year warranty.
- Model: 848NR14.800 Dometic, 848GN14.500
- Brand: Dometic
- Suit 14 feet between legs centreline
- Fabric is approx. 13 feet long
- Extends 8 feet
- 13 oz. 3-ply polyester reinforced vinyl
- Pattern is shades of Grey
- Roller end and leg caps are white powder coated
- Shipping Weight: 32.00 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 450 cm x 16 cm x 16 cm.
To help identify your existing model of Dometic awning, the 8500 awnings have a solid roller shaft attached to the moulded white leg cap, while the 8300 awnings have a hollow roller shaft and attach with a pressed metal bracket. If you are looking to replace your fabric, we recommend replacing the entire roller and fabric due to unseen spring and lock wear and the ease of fitting a pre-tensioned assembly.