The Dometic Sunchaser awning suits Pop-Tops, Caravans and many Motorhomes. They include the alloy roller with pre-tensioned springs. The patterned fabric is attached and comes in a protective cardboard tube. This is the best option to replace a worn out fabric.
The different hardware kits which include the legs and brackets must be purchased separately for a new installation.
These are Dometics most economical rollout awning intended for holiday use rather than everyday use. They are still very sturdy and extremely popular.
They are NOT suitable for RV wall heights less than 1475mm high.
- One person operation
- Can be left partially open in tight spaces (70%)
- Legs easily removed from base to ground position if required
- Vinyl has a clear acrylic coating to resist scratching, fading, mildew and staining
- UV protected and waterproof
- Hardware Kit. Purchase the tallest leg kit separately, that will fit your RV wall.
- Rope Track. Is NOT available from Caravans Plus but is required for new installations.
- You MUST measure from centreline of legs - mistakes are costly
- 1 year warranty.
- Model: 834GN16.400 Dometic
- Brand: Dometic
- Suit 16 feet between legs centreline
- Fabric is approx. 15 feet long
- Extends 8 feet
- 13 oz. 3-ply polyester reinforced vinyl
- Pattern is Granite, shades of grey
- Shipping Weight: 34.00 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 510 cm x 16 cm x 16 cm.
To help identify your existing model of Dometic awning, the 8500 awnings have a solid roller shaft attached to the moulded white leg cap, while the 8300 awnings have a hollow roller shaft and attach with a pressed metal bracket. If you are looking to replace your fabric, we recommend replacing the entire roller and fabric due to unseen spring and lock wear and the ease of fitting a pre-tensioned assembly.