The Breakaway kit gets installed on your Caravan or Trailer A-Frame or in any protected position. It includes a battery that can apply your Caravan or Trailer electric brakes for at least 15mins in the event the Caravan or Trailers is disconnected from the tow vehicle.
This is a mandatory addition to any Caravan or Trailer that exceeds 2.0 tonnes.
- Lead acid battery included, 5ah
- Battery can be charged from tow vehicle or from a battery charger (switchable)
- Test Circuit included and battery charge level indicator
- Suits single axle or dual axle trailers/Caravans
- Is compatible with remote monitor part ID-14071
- Includes break away switch for mounting on draw bar.
- 1 year warranty.
- Model: 040119
- Brand: Camec
- Barcode: 9339051002291
- 5ah Battery included
- Suits 12V electric brakes - 2 to 4 wheels
- Includes Breakaway switch with cable & Pin for connection to tow vehicle
- Weight (including battery) 2.14kg
- Size: 130mm x 125mm x 85mm deep (excludes mounting points)
- Overall size: 170mm x 125mm x 85mm deep
- Shipping Weight: 2.36 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 10 cm x 19 cm x 17 cm.
Camec has recently been advised that some caravan manufacturers are supplying/installing mains supply battery chargers that may be incompatible with Camecs built in Breakaway Systems battery, if being used as a stand-alone Breakaway system charger. The incompatible chargers fail to successfully charge the built in battery. Please see the Product Notice PDF below.
The BREAKSAFE brand by RV-Electronics sell a spare cable for the breakaway switch which is compatible with CAMEC's breakaway switch.
Charging from the car alternator should be limited to 5 hours. Connection to a smart Charger in your caravan can be left on at all times.