Stock Update - 12th Apr 2021Yes, we have stock. Right now there are 5 of these held at our warehouse (Queanbeyan NSW).
Our stock levels are real and live. If you order now we will get it out with our next daily freight.
We aim to hold the most stock and have the fastest delivery on all caravan accessories and spare parts.
The Breakaway kit gets installed on your Caravan or Trailer A-Frame or in any protected position. It includes a battery that can apply your Caravan or Trailer electric brakes for at least 15mins in the event the Caravan or Trailers is disconnected from the tow vehicle.
This is a mandatory addition to any Caravan or Trailer that exceeds 2.0 tonnes.
- Lead acid battery included, 5ah
- Battery can be charged from tow vehicle or from a battery charger (switchable)
- Test Circuit included and battery charge level indicator
- Suits single axle or dual axle trailers/Caravans
- Is compatible with remote monitor part ID-14071
- Includes break away switch for mounting on draw bar.
- 1 year warranty.
- Model: 040119
- Brand: Camec
- Barcode: 9339051002291
- 5ah Battery included
- Suits 12V electric brakes - 2 to 4 wheels
- Includes Breakaway switch with cable & Pin for connection to tow vehicle
- Weight (including battery) 2.14kg
- Size: 130mm x 125mm x 85mm deep (excludes mounting points)
- Overall size: 170mm x 125mm x 85mm deep
- Shipping Weight: 2.36 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 10 cm x 19 cm x 17 cm.
Camec has recently been advised that some caravan manufacturers are supplying/installing mains supply battery chargers that may be incompatible with Camecs built in Breakaway Systems battery, if being used as a stand-alone Breakaway system charger. The incompatible chargers fail to successfully charge the built in battery. Please see the Product Notice PDF below.
The BREAKSAFE brand by RV-Electronics sell a spare cable for the breakaway switch which is compatible with CAMEC's breakaway switch.
Charging from the car alternator should be limited to 5 hours. Connection to a smart Charger in your caravan can be left on at all times.