Anderson Plugs / Socket are the preferred heavy duty connection for all DC power distribution and battery connections. The genderless design allows you to quickly create custom, highly efficient connections for any DC and solar setup.
The one piece fully insulated plastic housing is rated at a huge 50amps. Designed to accept cable from 16 to 6 AWG they are perfect for all your solar and charging needs. These trailer plugs also feature low resistance silver plated contacts capable of handling high currents with minimal loss.
The 50a Anderson plug is built to last. Made from durable polycarbonate with stainless steel locking springs it is a favourite amongst off-road campers, 4x4 's and caravaners alike.
The genderless design simply means each unit is a plug/socket - 2 units are required for a complete connection. There is a range of colours available to enable you to create easily discernibile circuits. Each colour has a unique key, which can not be mis-connected. ie colours will only mate with themselves, red to red or blue to blue.
Each kit includes one housing and 2 contacts. You simply crimp your wire into the contact which is then inserted into the appropriate side ( - / +) of the housing. You now have a high quality, easy access, quick release connection point.
There is a complete range of Anderson accessories available including weatherproof covers and mounting bracket providing a practical solution for every situation. For common setups there is a variety of pre-made high current adapter leads such as alligator clamps, solar panel pv plug leads, battery terminal eyelets and even piggyback / double adapter leads.
Anderson Plug Assembly Instructions
1) Strip 14mm of cable
2) Insert stripped cable into contact and crimp or flood solder
3) Insert contacts into appropriate housings (- / +)
The flat side of contact is inserted facing channel at base of housing. A small flat head screw driver can be applied against rear of contact to push until you hear it click into position. The contacts should know be held firmly in position by the stainless steel springs.
- Incendiary strong construction
- Low resistance silver plated contacts
- Genderless design allows multiple connections
- Impossible to connect reserve polarity
- Multiple colour / keyed options
- Accepts heavy duty cable (6 AWG)
- Full range of mounting brackets
- 1 year warranty.
- Model: PT4427, ECH0050, SB50, 500-03400, 040846
- Barcode: 9316042226690
- Model: Anderson SB50
- Colour: Grey
- Rated Amperage: 50
- Voltage Rating AC/DC: 600
- Wire Size Range: 16 to 6 AWG ( 1.3 to 13.3mm2)
- Dimensions: 48mm x 36.5mm x 15.9mm
- Shipping Weight: 40 grams.
- Shipping Dimensions: 5 cm x 6 cm x 2 cm.
These are Genuine Anderson Plugs manufactured by Anderson Products.