These 3500KG Tow balls are especially designed to be used with ALKO
AKS2003 & AKS3004 Stabiliser Couplings
An Adapter Plate is required to stop the nut from being undone.
- Model: 450-05147
- Brand: Alko
- 50mm Towball
- High Rise (155mm overall).
- For use with ALKO AKS2003 and AKS3004 couplings
- Threaded shaft 65mm in length.
- Measurement from bottom of plate that sits on tongue to under head is 55mm.
- Shipping Weight: 1.23 Kgs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 6 cm x 7 cm x 17 cm.
ALKO Australia have advised that these are ideal for those who are using the standard AKS tow ball who find that they require more clearance, as the high rise ball sits 30mm higher than the normal tow ball and will clear the plate without fouling up.
The AKS couplings are made for straight minimal turns, and are not ideally suited to Australia if coupled on the standard ball.
When the caravan and the car go on opposite banking scenarios it looks as if this will hit, and cause some scoring. The high-rise ball is the solution.